Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Wednesday, December 10, 2008

    IC 13593W Brig SK Datta

    To,
    All Signals Officers,

    I am sad to read the contents of the email received from Gen VK Singh appended below.

    This is the first intimation I have received about the demise of Brig Datta. No information has been received from Dte Gen of Signals also.

    We pray to Almighty to give peace to the departed soul and strength to near ones and dear ones to bear this irreparable loss.

    In sorrow
    Brig Chander Kamboj VSM (Retd)

    Dear Brig Kamboj,

    On 8 Dec at about 1630 I received an SMS message (Sigs - Teevra Chaukas) that the cremation of IC 13593W Brig SK Datta will be held at Brar Square cremation ground at 1600 hrs on 08 Dec 2008.

    Surprisingly, there has been no intimation about his demise on Report My Signals. Do you have any intimation in this regard? I could not go for the cremation but would like to attend the Chautha. Subhas Datta was my DCC in NDA when I joined in 1961. He was also with me in RAW. I held him in high esteem and was saddened by the news.

    Regards
    Maj Gen VK Singh (Retd)