Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Friday, July 29, 2011

    IC 845 Brig GS Sidhu, AVSM

    Dear Chander,
    I am deeply grieved to learn of the sad demise of Brig GS Sidhu. His daughter Dr (Mrs) Phadke lives in Bangalore and I will go and look her up. I had spoken to Brig Sidhu a couple of months back. He spoke in his usual confident and warm tone and said he was getting better. We were both posted in then School of Signals. One of the major events then was the Triangular Meet. Depite my heavy work load (some times all seven periods in a day. teaching the OLT Course) he charmed me into accepting the aqdditional responsibilty of taking over as the secretary of the HQ Mess. The only consession to me was that my request to appoint my former student: then Capt Satish Ahuja (later S O in C) as my deputy. The team came out with flying colours for excellent service on all events through the Meet. I kept in touch with him and met him when he was with Coal India Ltd at Calcutta and later at Chandigarh. I feel very sad and send my condolences.
    -Veteran BK Rai
    (Col BK Rai
    Former Secretary to Government of India