Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Sunday, July 31, 2011

    Brig GS Sidhu & Major A Francis Xavier

    Dear Brig Kamboj Sir,
    It is so sad to learn of the sad demise of Brig GS Sidhu. He was Commander Tactical Wing when I was doing the YOs course. He was such a fatherly figure and inspired confidence amongst us youngsters (youngsters then). I am eaqually sad of the sad demise of Major A Francis Xavier - though I do not know him personally. On reading these obituaries the following famous lyrics immediately come to my mind: "DEKHI ZAMANE KI YARI, BICHHUDE SABHI BARI BARI". May God rest the departed souls in peace and May the Lord give their nears and dears courage to bear their loss. With kind regards, Madan Gopal Kapoor PS: On advice from the numerologist I have started writing my name in full.
    I once again revive my earlier offer to render free legal advice through email to my brother veterans. Since I would be away to London for nearly three months I would perhaps have adequate time to take up as many legal queries as possible.
    Madan Gopal Kapoor