Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Tuesday, May 4, 2010

    Lt Col VG Sowani, SM

    After getting my commission and completing the YO's course, I was posted to 1 Armd Div Sig Regt, where then Maj VG Sowani was my first company commander. I had my first lessons of officership under him. I always valued his fatherly advice on day to day issues of unit administration. I remember him as a soft spoken and a caring officer who laid great emphasis on training of young officers and gave full scope to their initiative in solving day to day problems. It was a pleasure to go with him on exercises as one learnt a lot in his presence. My thoughts go to Mrs. Sovani whom God may give the strength and courage to bear this loss.

    Col SK Paranjape (Retd)