Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Saturday, May 22, 2010

    Lt Col Bhasker Chandra Panda

    Dear Mrs. Panda,
    Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the untimely demise of your husband. He was a very hard working person with extremely helpful attitude. We were room-mates for three months in JC(Inf) course at Army War College in 1975. He always prepared thoroughly for next day's discussions with detailed aide-memoires. He would pull me up for not preparing at all when I returned to the room after drinks and dinner. He would leave all his notes on my study table with strict orders to read them, and go to sleep. It was his help which saw me as a DS in JC Wing later in life. As a coincidence, we were back in Mhow in 1976 to attend Sigs CC Course.
    After that we never met each other with him being in DRDO and I spending long tenures out the Corps. His memories for that assciation will stay with me. I have our group photo of CC course in my album.
    May Col Panda's soul rest in peace and God be with you and the family.
    Brig Kirpal Singh Grewal (Retd)