Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Thursday, September 18, 2008

    Col OP Kalra

    About Col Kalra - where do I begin? He has to be one of the friendliest and nicest people I have ever met. I consider it my misfortune that I had not served with him or not really known him during my service tenure except a few meetings in 1996-97 when we were both stationed at Pune. It was later after both of us moved to Delhi post retirement and we were staying in the same Colony/neighbor hood that we became close friends – particularly my wife Raj and Mamta Kalra became thicker than even sisters. In the short time we knew each other - we shared our pasts, talked of our futures, and had a huge amount of fun. Words cannot begin to ease the pain so many of us are feeling. I just have to be happy that I was one of the lucky people to have known him, be grateful for all the wonderful memories I have of him................. there is a new star shining brightly in the sky tonight. I'll miss him.

    Brig Rajender Kukreja (Retd)

    Col OP Kalra was a great and pious soul. He was my CO at Ahmedabad and I have tremendous regard, respect and affection for him. He was especially supportive of me as I was facing so many problems at that juncture. May God give peace to the departed soul and strength to his family members

    Col Navin Srivastava (Retd)