Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Wednesday, July 2, 2008

    Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw


    From: Cdr Arun Saigal

    I reproduce below Adm Nanda's sentiments recorded in Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw's condolence book at the Amar Jawan Jyoti India Gate on Tues 01 July 2008:

    I pay my respects and admiration on behalf of the Officers and Men of the Indian Navy that I proudly commanded in 1971. I have many fond personal memories of the times spent together planning the liberation of East Pakistan.
    Dear friend and colleague R.I.P

    Signed
    Admiral SM Nanda
    CNS 1971

    Letter From Sam to Nanda