Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Monday, August 8, 2011

    IC- 845 Brig GS Sidhu, AVSM

    Dear Chander,
    I was aware that Brig Sidhu had been unwell for quite some time. In his demise, we have lost one of the finest signal warriors. For me, it's a great loss; he was always my role model and I am deeply indebted to him for whatever I had achieved during my Army career and later in the Public Sector.
    I was in close touch with him in the last three years while I was in the process of writing my book, “When Sparrows flew like Eagles” about how 4 Corps Sigs under Brig Sidhu provided infallible comns to the success of the 4 Corps operations leading to the liberation of Bangladesh in 1971.
    In fact he had reviewed the early drafts and even corroborated some of the critical events narrated, about some of the outstanding signal comn achievements for instance, about ‘4 Corps HQ move to Comilla on the enemy soil on the night 11/12 Dec 1971 within the enemy shell range and how this was made possible by Brig Sidhu’s 4 Corps Signals'.
    Narayanan

    Chander,
    Just a clarification. My book “When Sparrows flew like Eagles” is yet to be published since War History 1971 is yet to be declassified.
    Brig (Retd) M R Narayanan, VSM