Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Sunday, February 20, 2011

    Lt Col Mukesh Sharma

    I was deeply shocked by the untimely and sad demise of Lt Col Mukesh Sharma.
    Mukesh happened to be the course senior of SSC SODE course in CME way back in 1978-79 where I happened to be his group officer. He was an officer who was extremely mature, much beyond his age and service. He was very caring and always acted as a buffer to safeguard the interests of his fellow students.
    Once in 1983, I had to rush my two year old son to Command Hospital Lucknow for an emergency treatment. Mukesh who was posted there came immediately and lent his scooter to me for running around. Next day I saw him walking to the CH to enquire about my son. Mrs Shrama too took extra care of my son while in hospital. Mukesh was without a transport for next four days.
    Very few people can have the golden heart like Mukesh.
    May God grant peace to the departed soul and give courage to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss.
    Deeply in sorrow,
    Lt Gen A K Saini