Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Thursday, August 19, 2010

    IC19750N Lt Col B C Panda - obituary in Signalman finally

    Dear Brigadier Kamboj, Colonel James (and the other esteemed people on the mail)
    This is to thank you for the fact that I finally managed to get the Signals folks to publish my dad's obit in the Signalman magazine, a year after his death, even though we informed them within days of his death. Thank you so much. I say this with all the more meaning in these words as I understand how valuable a forum your site is on matters where supposedly official lines of comms exist!! Of course I must mention that the last issue of the magazine reached my mother with a letter saying the copy of the magazine carrying my father's obituary was enclosed - as if it was a favour, and with no reason or apology from anyone for the goof up of not publishing it in the first place on time, whereas my father subscribed for a life membership of the magazine, which is still valid.

    I also want to thank you for the fact that I got the SO-in-C's telephone number from your forum and after calling maybe thrice over a period of two months finally managed to speak to the gentleman. He did say that he would try to find out the cause for the slippage and initiate appropriate action, but that is digressing from the reason behind this mail.

    To come back to my objective, my heartfelt thanks to you and for me, http://reportmysignal-shradhanjli.blogspot.com/ is the actual Signalman magazine, and I shall try my level best to spread this message amongst relevant folks.
    Thanks so much again
    Regards
    Satya