Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Saturday, December 12, 2009

    LT Gen ID Verma and Col Vasudevan Nair


    Greetings from Mhow. Having lost my father in May this year I felt very sad to read about the news of General Verma's demise on Report My Signal. I am enclosing a photograph which shows both these veterans. I have been seeing this photograph in our family album for well nigh four decades now. When I asked my mother, Mrs. Ponnamma Vasudevan, about this photograph she told me that this was clicked in Dec 1970. The occasion- my father who was then a major and the senior instructor at the Cipher Wing, MCTE, Mhow was giving a lecture on ciphers and communication security to student officers attending the higher command course at the College of Combat (presently known as Army War College). The SO-in-C Lt Gen I D Verma had also attended this talk along with the then MCTE Commandant Brig Pinto. I am sending this for posting in the blog. I feel it will take many a veteran down memory lane.
    With best wishes
    Dev Kumar Vasudevan