Click here to return to Veteran Blog

Dear Members of the Corps of Signals fratenity,
With grief we are posting details of our colleagues who leave for their heavenly abode. We request members to forward their "shradhanjali". Kindly share with us the photographs, fond memories and association.
We await tributes from associates/ course mates for publication.
Blog Team

RMS Tributes
  • Amar Jawan: Roll of Honour of the Indian Armed Forces
  • The Kargil Memorial
  • Tuesday, August 25, 2009

    Maj R Thiagarajan

    I learnt the news of Thiagarajan’s death with a deep sense of personal loss. My association with Thiaga dates back to 1960, when he handed over 1 Fd Regt (SP) Sig Sec to me. It was from him that I received my first lessons of handling an independent command, which that unit was. Not only he left in my hands a very ably commanded unit, but the tips that he gave me while leaving were of immense help to me throughout my service. He was himself a very principled, forthright and honest officer and I have known his anguish when he came across insincerity or dishonesty in service life.
    I was fortunate to renew my association with him when he was my instructor in MCTE during my SODE course where he taught us High Power Transmitters. He was one of the first few officers of our Corps to have been deputed for Computer training, way back in mid sixties. Because of his deputation to Department of Electronics, the Corps lost the benefit of his intimate support but his contribution to the development of electronics and technology in his new assignment has been outstanding. I wish God had given him better health in his twilight years, but his courage, tenacity and spirit while struggling with health issues has always been undaunting.
    Ever since 1960 I had been in touch with him from time to time which makes the loss even more unbearable. It is difficult to forget the cheerful and friendly appearance that he presented even while he was dealing with his health issues.
    May God give courage and strength to Indira and his other family members to bear his loss.
    Sharad & Nandini Paranjape